Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Egg Muffins


Just yesterday, when I had posted a story about egg muffins, I got flooded with messages for its recipe. Well this just gave the lazy writer in me a nudge to switch on the laptop and fill in another page of my little diary.


Egg muffins generally occupy the breakfast menu but because I tried these for my little one and there is no set menu for toddlers, I served it to her for dinner. My husband suggested that it will make a filling snack for his evening hunger pangs. It is unbelievably easy to make and is very healthy.




INGREDIENTS (makes 4 muffins)

2 eggs

1 grated boiled potato

½ a bowl crushed cottage cheese

Fresh coriander leaves

Salt to taste

½ tsp pepper

½ tsp oregano

1 tsp oil/ghee

2 tbsp milk

RECIPE

Coat the muffin molds with ghee.

Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.

In a bowl, break two eggs and whisk them nicely.

Add salt, pepper and oregano.

Add the grated potato, cottage cheese and chopped coriander leaves folding it all gently into the egg mix.

Pour in some milk and give one final stir.

Pour in this egg mixture into the molds. The molds should be filled only half way through for they will rise once baked.  

Put the tray in the oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes.

Once done, poke a knife in the edges so that the muffins come out properly without crumbling.

this is how they looked when they came out of the oven.


Garnish with a coriander leaf and serve hot.

NOTE:

You can sprinkle some grated cheese on the mix before putting them in the oven. It gives them a beautiful golden brown colour. I didn’t use any because little A had had her share of cheese for the day.

You can any vegetable you like. I am planning to bake them next with broccoli and capsicum. Mushrooms and spinach is another amazing combination that you can try.



Hope you, your little ones and the elder ones, all enjoy this wholesome filling snack. Happy baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment