Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Homemade Cough Syrup

Uhuu uhuuu! 

No, I am not referring to the well pretended cough from the cult movie 'hum aapke hain kaun'. I am referring to the cough that is ubiquitous these days.

 Everywhere I go I hear every third person coughing or using that already crushed tissue to stop a running nose. Blame the changing season or the dryness in the air or the viral that is supposedly omnipresent and ready to hack your system. 

Two days back I noticed my daughter coughing. And it wasn’t really bad coughing. Just occasional uhu-uhus during the day. I didn’t want to give her a medicine for a cough that was occurring a few times only. So, I opted to give her the good old kada, the recipe of which I got from my inlaws. It’s a saviour for minor coughing. Even for major coughing one can take it along with the normal medication. It is absolutely natural and my little one enjoys it a lot. 


While I was preparing the kada this time, I realised that I had never shared its recipe on the blog. So here it is. I want you all to benefit from this home remedy. It works wonders not just on kids but on everyone who is feeling a bit under the weather. 



INGREDIENTS 
7-8 tulsi leaves
1/2 tbsp grated ginger
1/2 tbsp grated turmeric (kacchi haldi)
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1/2 tbsp carom seeds
2-3 cloves
2 small cardamom ( green ones)
1 black cardamom
A stick of cinnamon
4-5 whole black pepper
2 cups of water



RECIPE

Pour water in a deep bottom pan.

Add all the ingredients to the water.

Bring the water to a boil. Reduce the flame and continue to boil till water reduces to half.



Let it cool and transfer to a cup. Store it in the refrigerator. 

Have two spoons of kada, diluted a little with lukewarm water thrice a day and you will feel immediate relief. 

Notes:

You can use turmeric powder if you do not have kachchi haldi.

You can add some honey to it. Little ones relish it. 

You can add a few spoons of the kada to the baby’s milk also. 


Hope this remedy helps your uhu-uhu. If it does bless my inlaws! 


No comments:

Post a Comment