Saturday, June 21, 2014

DENIM-OVER-DENIM



Like I promised in an earlier post that I will write about “denim-over-denim” soon, here I am. 

I know most of us dread the combination of denim-over-denim. The majority will either wear a pair of denim jeans with a t-shirt or a shirt and a denim shirt with tights or probably a skirt in different fabric.

I hope this post changes the way you think about the denim-over-denim combination. Believe me it looks uber cool!


I had gone to watch a play yesterday and I wanted to keep the look casual, basic yet stylish.

In the picture below (taken yesterday) I am wearing a pair of dark blue jeans with an absolutely faded denim shirt. I kept the shirt hanging out for a casual appeal. 



I put on my favourite pair of shoes- the black espadrilles. I had bought them during my postgrad days and they are still going strong. God bless its SOLE! 

Anyway coming back to the look, since the collar had some pearl detailing I wore a pair of small pearl studs with it. In the neck, I wore a long chain with a heart pendant. I wore a silver ring with a turquoise coloured stone in the index finger as the statement piece. 

You see same coloured upper, lowers and jewellery but all in different shades can do wonders.

I was feeling a little crazy a day or two back and so I wore pink nail paint on all my finger nails except one in each hand. I painted these nails in sea green. The craziness went quite well with my casual look.

To break the monotony, I carried a navy blue bag with some orange in it. And tadaa the look was complete.

There are so many other ways you can wear the denim-over-denim combination. 

Here are a few ideas to give you a cue.

Denim shirt tucked in with a pair of denim jeans accessorised with a belt around the waist and a pair of wedges or platform heels.

image source: google
 The tucked in look can also go well with a pair of nude pumps. Look at Kim Kardashian in the picture below.

image source: google
You can go for a casual look like mine, and if you like mixing Indian with western accessorise the duo with a pair of silver jhumkas and kolhapuri chappals. Carry a jhola bag along. Hah! The look reminds me of my DU days.

You can also wear a denim dress and wear a denim shirt left open over it with a pair of ankle length boots.  A pair of denim shorts with a denim shirt also looks great. The ideas won’t stop. Really!

Now, it is for you to decide which one suits your personality and body type the best.

One little tip: Keep the make-up minimal. The nude make-up works the best with this casual combo.


No comments:

Post a Comment